Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: American Girl Cookbooks

  1. #1
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Many, many years ago AG had the spiral-bound cookbook with Kirsten, Samantha and Molly all in one book. I was wondering if anyone knows if the content of the original is the same as what was later put into the girls' individual cookbooks. I am guessing it's the same, just wanted to know if anyone has seen both books (i.e., the original and Kirsten's, etc.). Thanks in advance for any insight! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not 100% sure but I believe they are the same recipes.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mollynellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found that book at an antique store several years ago for $3.00!

    I also have the girls' seperate cookbooks and after comparing them...

    The Sam, Kirsten, Molly one only has a sampling of the recipies that are found in there seperate cookbooks.

    Kirsten has breakfast foods and molasses cookies. Samantha has a full course dinner. Molly has lunch and several desserts.
    There are 5 recipies for Kirsten, 8 for Samantha, and 7 for Molly. It also has similar background/history about setting a table, wrapping sandwiches just like the big cookbooks.

    If you can find it cheap ($5.00 or less) I would buy it, I really like mine!

  4. #4
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you! I was thinking they are probably the same and later AG made all the girls separate books as the doll line expanded. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •